Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Antiques

O ver the weekend I was invited to attend an antiques show at the fair grounds. I'd never been antiquing before, so this was certainly a fun adventure. Right away I found living room furniture that belonged in MY living room:






I also fell in love with some of the amazing (and price gougey) glass pieces I saw. These were from the same shop, and I was enamored with the use of color and line, particularly the minimalism of the vases in the top image:





While I saw some cool pieces, I was pretty underwhelmed with the selection of furniture (my true love), and couldn't help but feel like there were lots and lots of knick-knacks, doo dads, and gee gaws from several past decades. Eventually, I decided to photograph the saddest things I could find:







No comments:

Post a Comment