Friday, October 22, 2010

Progress Update: Kimono and Skull Cap

N ow that I see the last time I updated the Jasmine Kimono, I see how much progress I've made in the last 3 weeks. It really has been going quickly, and now that it is starting to look like a real sweater, I'm less concerned about the fit, especially given how far the front panels will wrap:



I also needed to get started on a second project, this skull cap using this gorgeous Malabrigo merino wool:



I really wanted to work on a project finished by piecing a couple parts together. This pattern is knit flat in two equal halves and then stitched up in a single seam. I'm grateful for the experience, as I'll need it to finish the kimono. However, its killing me not to just double the number of cast-on stitches and knit the hat in the round. I will post again when its all done, very soon.

Have a great weekend, good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment