Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chicken Burritos

E veryone I talk to about Chipotle says the same thing: delicious, but way more food than they can eat all at once. I love their burritos, but given my deeply embedded desire to maintain good standing in the Clean Plate Club, I really need to be in charge of portion control. Also, their rice is dotted with cilantro, which I don't love. So, I opt to simply eat somewhere nicer: Home.

Chicken Burritos
4 chicken breasts, cooked (boiled, baked, grilled, braised, however you like)
1 t kosher salt
3 C cooked rice (from 1 cup dry)
1 C shredded Colby Jack cheese
1 14.5 oz can Pinto beans, drained and rinsed
10-inch Burrito size tortillas
Guacamole
Hot sauce (I like Sriracha)

Dice cooled chicken and combine in large bowl with salt. Stir in rice, cheese, and beans. Microwave tortillas until pliable (20 seconds), then spread 1 T guacamole on each. Add 1 C filling per burrito (if you're hungry. 3/4 C if you're less hungry. Yay portion control!) in center of tortilla. Top with hot sauce and roll tortilla, starting with the sides and then front to back.

Makes 6-8 burritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment